Chevy Corvette Forum banner

any thoughts are appreciated

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  buster 
#1 ·
hello im new to this site but currently im the proud owner of a 1977 corvette stingray she sat for awhile and wasnt in the best conditions ive made it to where she runs and can be driven but i need to redo the interior and paint. but im 16 and new to all this stuff so could i get some suggestions on where to find things cheap and just some general advice?

thanks.

#2 ·
All of the parts are readily available from many different vendors but they're not cheap. If you're able to do a majority of the work yourself you'll save a lot of money but you'll need a good set of basic hand tools and a good shop manual will help.

In this forum we have a number of very knowledgeable people and they will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

What exactly do you need for it's interior?

#3 ·
If it's cheap your looking for, there are a million sources out there just begging for your business. If your a "proud owner" you won't use that word again and take the advice of of the people on this forum. Good quality parts, from reputable vendors will cost you less in the long run.
I don't have the habit of plugging any vendors, but....... I have had good experiences with Wilcox and or Corvette Central.

#5 ·
First it's nice to hear that there are still 16 years olds interested in cars. Basically learning to do the work yourself will save a ton of money. Luckily interior work is some of the easiest. You can also find a mechanic or body shop guy that may be willing to barter wih you. Good luck , welcome to smokinvette and hopefully we can help too

#8 ·
Congratulations on a nice first Vette and welcome to the forum. Will you restore to original or do a freshen-up? Once you decide that, you'll know which vendors are best suited to fit for your needs. Good luck and take / share pictures with us as your project progresses. :thumbsup3:

#9 ·
thanks

yea i know vettes arnt cheap but i ment like over all seeing as im 16 i dont have alot of side cash. and my dad is a fabricator i have almost every tool i would need and i plan on putting it next to stock with a few slight modifications since it is a number matching car. also i need almost everything for the interior :/

#10 ·
Welcome to SV. I've heard more than once that these mid-70's vettes are not (and never will be) worth a ton of $. That being said, don't do anything because you think it will enhance resale value. Do what you want done to the car and what makes you happy with it. Best wishes on your project!

#12 ·
any thoughts appreciated

she is never leaving my side so i dont really care how much her resale value. and thanks for the warm welcome guy's.
So great to c a 16 yr old with your attitude.
so as you are planning long term and do it properly ,i did the whole of my 75 new standard and looks fantastic,and dont listen to the people that bag mid seventies vettes ,i get it all the time but I like mine better than earlier 70 ones just need to up the horse power a bit.looking forward to seeing what u do with yours keep us all posted. Seems like some great guys on here will be able to help u heaps. :thumbsup3:

#15 ·
Not really any way to cut costs on interior x doing it yourself so you have an qdvantage there. My experience has shown me that asome suppliers sell cheap stuff at the same price as the good ones. I think for interior parts you want tomake sure they are made by knoch (sp?), a lot of the big suppliers carry his stuff and at a reasonable price. Good luck with your project and congrats on your efforts. You have come to the right forum for good info and attitudes. These guys helped me significantly with my restomod. I always agree with Toobrokes comments on engine upgrades but be carefulnot to spend your budget on performance until youmake your ride comfortable and looking the way you want. I was lucky enough to do both thanks to him, Fish and others. Most of all have fun and do it safely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.