Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1980 Corvette for sale

7K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  moose8793 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all,
I have this 1980 L48 for sale. It has been my project for 2 years now. I have enjoyed it but I am looking for a new challenge. You can contact me at 217-254-2694 or Hop31861@hotmail.com for questions. I have about $12,500.00 in the car, possible more. I am Negotiable at $10,800.00 right now. This is the work I have done so far.

New items on this corvette. New paint in 2009 New front brake calipers with stainless steel bores.New front brake pads New front brake soft lines New tires New New battery New alternator New heater core New windshield New side louvers New stereo/CD player with power antenna New hood release cable New electrical harnesses on the power lock New Rocker panel sill plates New rear window Defogger switch New Left side window motor.New bulbs in all location behind dash.New windshield wipers New door handle assemblies right and left. $5000.00 worth of interior is new including these items New steering wheel New seats New power window switches New battery compartment doors New sun visors New Door panels right and left including the arm rests New cushion console New weather stripping throughout New center gauge cluster bezel and lens New speedo/tach bezel and lens New shifter plate console New carpet New dash New E-brake cover Any thing that was not replaced on the interior was re-furbished or painted. Mechanically The engine was rebuilt 10k ago. 350 motor runs fine. Drives straight and true. Exhaust is fairly new. Some kind of Magna flow. I am not sure what. The 308 rear end is fine and the positrac works perfectly All lights and running lights work correctly including the 30 second courtesy light delay shut off. This required a new transistor on the circuit board. The title is clear. There are no liens against the car. If you need more info. Let me know. Negatives The AC is there but needs charged or work in general. I have not attempted to get it working so I can only assume what may be the problem. The t-top chrome trim has been painted and the paint is coming off. A proper fix would be to replace or have the original re-chromed.The top trim piece on the windshield needs some work. The clips that hold it down are failing (about 12 inches on passenger side) the rest is OK The radiator leaks at the filler neck. It doesn't leak bad and I have never had to add any while driving. I just check it occasionally. It could be brazed or the radiator replaced. I have a new radiator that will go with the car. The valve cover gaskets could be replaced. I tightened the bolts but you can see where they have seeped oil onto the engine in the past.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.