Chevy Corvette Forum banner

The New 2013 Corvette 427 Convertible!

13K views 40 replies 16 participants last post by  FranksVette 
#1 ·
The New 2013 Corvette 427 Convertible can be seen on the Chevy website (or just copy and paste above into Google - sorry, not allowed to post links yet).

I may be biased, but this car is absolutely beautiful. Thoughts?
:drool5:

#2 ·
it sure is

#4 ·
awesome car. since it is in a whole different price bracket from a C6 coupe, I'll admire from a distance.

#10 ·
Nice! Just wished they'd offered the 427 vert a few years ago.

#12 ·
Got one ordered...

...and have no idea how I will pay for it... I am getting some money in October and had planned on a January delivery for a 427 convert but after reading above that this is last year for the 427, I decided to contact dealer again to make sure I was in line. He said (and I am looking to y'all to see if this makes sense) that his dealership had just been notified they would only get one and they had just ordered it for their inventory but could change the order to my requirements. I gave a deposit and he ordered it for me telling me it would come in Sept., which is way too soon for me. Could get interesting. I ordered cyber gray with gray roof and two-tone titanium interior and zero extra cost options.

#13 ·
^^ are you selling your current vette?

#17 ·
Nope and that is one reason paying for the 2013 will get interesting. I also bought a new 2012 something else a month ago... So, does what the dealer said about only getting one 427 Vert make sense?
I would think that they'd be ordering several, but I guess it all depends on how few the factory will be turning out.

#16 ·
I don't see why you would want to keep both unless the vert is going to be a garage queen and you still drive your other vette in the snow. Add in a 2012 car and that's alot of money tied up in depreciating cars. If you put less than1k miles/year on the vert, maybe in 20 yrs it will still be close to what you paid.

#19 ·
Dealers!!!

Monday the salesman said I had to order by 6 p.m. to get their one order changed to mine. Wednesday, I called to see if order went through and was told; "Yeah, both of them did". ???? "Other" order was also a sold order and salesman now says GM is limiting total and it takes a few days for GM to confirm they will build an order. ???? Sure sounds fishy.... Meanwhile, I got bad news on the money I had planned to pay for this with but will still try to pull it all off. Guys above do not understand why I would.... and that I should.... What I do is entirely my business and I am not "normal" and have four snow tires on my 2010 and have it raised some and it does well in snow and it will be my winter car and 427 will be my summer car and if that does not make sense... I don't care, but it sure sounds good to me!

#21 ·
"special"

I have had some rare special cars including a one-of cloth-seated LT4 Firehawk and 3 of 29 LT4 Firehawks, an LT4 30th Anniv. Camaro SS, a couple '95 Cobra Rs (200 built), a Night Runner SRT10 truck, etc. and it never really seemed to matter at resale time how rare they were. The new 427 converts will mostly be $90,000 60th Anniv. optioned models and my no-option gray will quite possibly be a one-of and it won't matter. My two-tone titanium interior looks better than the dull gray the 60ths have which is the same as my base 2010. ..... I just really want to believe everything my salesman is telling me... His price was good but I have nothing in writing except for the credit card charge for the deposit.

#22 ·
The 60th anniversary package is an option that package. It is not limited production. $1k for stickers and $1k for interior trim (on top of the 4LT interior). You can order the interior trim and skip the outside graphics, if you so choose.

#23 ·
"427"

I want to believe my salesman. Y'all say it is not limited production but salesman says GM is only accepting a very limited number of orders for this abbreviated model year, especially with the "427". And... it is really a 428, not a 427. 427.85 rounds off to... NOT 427. Just like Chrysler with their new 391.1 hemi calling it a 392. Both companies are stretching the truth to play off old engine memories/reputations.

#25 ·
I want to believe my salesman. Y'all say it is not limited production but salesman says GM is only accepting a very limited number of orders for this abbreviated model year, especially with the "427". And... it is really a 428, not a 427. 427.85 rounds off to... NOT 427. Just like Chrysler with their new 391.1 hemi calling it a 392. Both companies are stretching the truth to play off old engine memories/reputations.
That is even more common with motorcycles.
no big deal

#24 ·
If you're not getting what you want check with the big vette dealers. Hendrick, Kerbeck, MacMulkin, etc.

#29 ·
Got my 427...

...and it is covered and beginning its hibernation for the winter. I drove it home from the dealer at night in a constant rain and was pleasantly surprised the fatass tires did not hydroplane worse than they did. I have read the LS7 has a noticeable "burble" and I did hear and enjoy that sound. The car drives very much like my 436 h.p. 2010 and the acceleration was better but disappointingly not by a lot but then due to the weather, I did not wind it out much. I look forward to the Spring.

#30 ·
enjoy the new ride. by 3000 rpm you should be able to instantly tell the difference in power if you matt the throttle. Z06 also shifts at 7000, not 6500k. Run that baby out in second and third gear.

Weather can still be nice in the fall. On a dry sunny day, take it out and put it through its paces.

#31 ·
I would be very cautious of any car from Kerbeck in Atlantic City. That is very near to where the hurricane came ashore and they got a LOT of water.

#32 ·
need to wait...

...cannot drive (and insure to drive) more than one car at a time and I have three. I am driving a new 2012 Charger while trying to sell it and the two Vettes are hibernating. Eventually, I will have a winter Vette and summer Vette and possibly a new Morgan trike.

#35 ·
Big garage.
I have multiple cars but the rest of fleet does not spark envy unless you're into minivans and beaters. :coffeetime:

Pappytinker said:
I would be very cautious of any car from Kerbeck in Atlantic City. That is very near to where the hurricane came ashore and they got a LOT of water.
Are you talking about AC in general or that Kerbeck was actually swamped?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.