Chevy Corvette Forum banner

Here's my problem with my other smokin ride ...

5K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Alden007 
#1 ·
When the spark plug wire is snapped onto the plug, nice and snug, the plug doesn't fire, and the bike runs on the front cylinder only. When the wire is hanging on the plug wavy gravy, the plug fires, and the bike runs fine. I tried different wires on the plug, and I tried a different plug, and even though the resistance of the coil tested good with a fluke, I swapped it out anyway with a coil from another bike I have. What do you think?

Oh, here's my "other" ride ...

See less See more
#5 ·
Not familiar with Harleys,I ride a Katana ... but generally, if you hold the plug wire off the plug, making the spark jump the gap, and the cylinder begins to fire, its usually a fouled plug.. either oil or carbon or fuel fouled ... but if you put in a new plug and wire and its still doing it,it would seem to be weak spark

#8 ·
Well, I ran a new wire between the points in the distributor and the coil. I swapped the coil with one I know works. I changed the points, condenser, wires, and plugs. Plug and point gaps have been double checked. Timing has been checked and double checked. Ignition-wise, I think I ran the gamut. Tomorrow I check compression, and valves, and seats. Since I don't know what it is, I have to find what it isn't. Thanks for the input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.