Chevy Corvette Forum banner

Is there a Corvette worst and best list?

11K views 33 replies 22 participants last post by  BUBBA 
#1 ·
I'm sure there must be some sort of list that shows which year Corvette had the highest warranty issues. Or consumer feed back rating? I would like to see which got the best and which got the worst?

#3 ·
worst Looking

I volunteer the 1979 with its awful add-ons as the fugliest. I believe the 1957 was the best ever and this cannot be judged by warranty. It and the 1956 had the best look plus the '57 added 4 speed, posi, F.I., 283, etc. I love the '63's split window and look forward to the C7 getting it back.

#6 ·
Because of Cross Fire Injection? The original FI actually performed even worse, didn't it?
The '84 was LOADED with bugs, glitches and problems. Worst Corvette ever IMO. It wasn't the Crossfire. It was everything else!

I have an '82. First year of the Crossfire. It is a great and reliable car with virtually no engine related problems. Very reliable and great fuel economy.

The only problem with CFI was owners (and mechanics) who didn't know how to tune them. Therefore it was deemed a failure. They were wrong. Excellent engine.

#14 ·
Luster, That '82 is gorgeous! The T-tops would look better black, though, but that would take some of the fun out of driving. Have you modernized the powertrain and/or chassis at all?
Everything 100% stock. It's been re-painted once in 1995. Not bad for 15-year-old paint! The mirror tops were standard in '82.

#16 ·
'79 ?????????????????????

Swamp, 1979 was the year they bolted on fugly front and rear "spoilers" that ruined the lines of the Corvette. WHY do you list it as one of the better years? It is not enough you had one or know someone with one. That was one of the worst years, not best. " 'Splain it to me, Luzee! "

#19 ·
Worst is the one you have sell when you really can't keep it..:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Best is the one that's paid for...
I've been blessed with all very good ones
1960 283 4Speed
1969 427 390 4 speed
1974 454 4 speed
2001 C5
2002 ZO6
2005 C6
:wheelchair::thumbsup3::thumbsup3::thumbsup3:

#24 ·
Yup!

The '82 is gorgeous. I had a black '80 and the surface and paint were bad enough I went to court with the dealer and got some money to help get it repaired but it was stolen right after that and I was HAPPY! This red '82 has white letters and mirror roofs I do not like but 99% of that car is great! thnx for the pic! The new C6s have the gray plastic at the rear that from the side makes the car appear to go a bit lower and makes the rear a bit bulkier and it looks right. I think the '80 - '82s need something like that because from the side, the rear slopes up too far at the bottom.

This post has been deleted
#34 ·
So is this like the naughty and nice list? :smilielol5::smilielol5:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.