Chevy Corvette Forum banner

Better C5 Corvette reliability stats (please sign up)

19K views 59 replies 31 participants last post by  mkaresh 
#1 ·
I wanted more up-to-date car reliability information that included actual repair rates. So in late 2005 I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now reports absolute repair rates that make the differences between cars much clearer. Results are updated four times a year, so it's possible to track cars closely as they age.

Over 200 Corvette owners have already signed up to participate. A good start, but more are needed to provide full results for all years, especially those for the C5. So I'm grateful that this forum has given me permission to post this thread.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the Corvette, for free.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Car reliability research

#22 ·
I have just purchased a 2003 Corvette with a little over 25K miles and so far I have put only about 400 miles on it before I had to put it into hibernation it seems to be ok so far and the former owner told me he had no trouble with it and It got a new set of tires (Michelin run flats) before I bought it so this area should be no problem.
I have heard of diff. problems with some so I am going to try to get a limited warranty for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.