Chevy Corvette Forum banner

C7 tire sizes???

7K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Danko 
#1 ·
If someone gets up close to the new Vettes, please check out the tires sizes, front and back and let us know what they are, please?

#2 ·
I don't think they have put out the actual size yet but this is strainght from the press release.

The Corvette Stingray rides on new 18 x 8.5-inch front and 19 x 10-inch rear wheels, while models with the Z51 Performance Package roll on 19 x 8.5-inch front and 20 x 10-inch rear forged aluminum wheels. New Michelin Pilot Super Sport run-flat tires developed specifically for the seventh-generation Corvette deliver comparable levels of grip than the wider tires of previous models.

#3 ·
You're 20 miles or less from where the car was unveiled. Head on down and check it out.
Besides, you'll be bored of your new vette soon and need to trade up. Might as well get an early start. :coffeetime:

#4 ·
no auto show for me

I found the tire sizes elsewhere and they are like the C6 with 245s and 285s. Now I would like to see pix of wheel choices. Me going to auto show would be like sending an alcoholic to the party store. My 2010 436 hp coupe, a 2012 Charger and my new 427 vert is enough for now, but I do like the gray C7. The darker color minimizes the designed-by-the-same-committee-that-designed-the-camel roof. Too many lines going everywhichway. Picture the body color stripe that runs transversely on a light colored C7 painted black and how much cleaner that would look.

#6 ·
One of the goals was to lighten the C7 so it would not need wider tires. wider tires generally harm fuel economy.

I'm guessing you were hoping for some big meats on 20" for your 427.

#9 ·
I'm guessing the aftermarket will love selling all those NEW wheels !:z1-2:

#10 · (Edited)
Old School tires?

Shattered says wide tires are Old School. NOT!!! Old School is TALLER tires!!! Us oldtimers like to fill the wheelwells vertically more than horizontally. Personally, I now like wider rubber to protect my wheels from damage but that never used to be needed back in the day. We liked a bit wider tires for traction and it was NEEDED!!! It was a BIG deal when I found some 9.50/14s to replace my 8.25s for my '65 Plymouth. Problem there was they were so tall (looked GREAT!!!) they changed my gearing the wrong way. GM Inside News showed three new C7s out in public and one had a small spoiler and single spoke (5) wheels. Looks like base model and cheap wheels look better to me than the split spokes we see everywhere else on the C7s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.