Chevy Corvette Forum banner

Replace a Clutch Cost?

27K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  2007 Vette Z06 
#1 ·
How much does it cost to replace a clutch?

#7 ·
clutch cost

my dealer will charge $80/hr which is a discount since he cannot cover it under warranty. their shop manual shows 8 hr which is the limit they will bill. a new zr1 clutch or anything i choose may replace my z06 slipping clutch.

i beleive that most performance shops will charge about the same or more and my chevy dealer does lots of them so the mechanic should know what he is doing. i like their 6 months parts and labor warranty as well.

#10 ·
I am looking for some assistance in finding a good mechanic that can replace the clutch on my 2007 Corvette Z06. This will be the 2nd time I've replaced it. It has 147k miles and I do not want to pay the dealership what they want to charge to do this. I trust the mechanic from the dealership but the cost for parts/labor are way too high for me. I need to see about finding a good mechanic that can do this job for me in my area for a resonable price. I live in the central FLorida area (St. Cloud, FL) and could take the car to the shop. Please... anyone with some info/assistance.... ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.