Chevy Corvette Forum banner

Dust repellent wax

10K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  todd@properautocare.com 
#1 ·
I hope this doesn't sound like dumb question. We live near and drive on dirt roads on regular basis. Is there such a wax that will repel dry dust particles better than others? We could wash and detail the car and one drive down the road and the car now has a fresh layer of dust on it? :soapbox:

This is a forum so why not ask! Thank you

Marsha

#3 ·
Never a dumb question on the SV detailing section! You may want to try our Resilient Slippery Wax. This synthetic formulation allows for an ultra slippery wet finish that repels dirt and reduces the static charge on the paint's surface. With its amazing smooth finish, this product is uniquely formulated with additional durable UV blockers that protect your finish from the damaging effects of the sun offering superior protection. This property is an extra dose of prevention that other waxes may not offer.
:cheers:

#4 ·
:iagree: When I first got my car, even though the dealer had it all detailed. It seemed to have allot of "static-cling" probably due to the material the body is made of. Since I detailed the car myself and the products used. Seems the dust will "blow off" now.
And the Buggy Buggers
even wash right off. :cheers:

#5 ·
There will always be dust. We don't live or drive on dirt roads, but there are fine dust particulates, especially on our black Z. On our Red coupe, we can't see it as well, but its there.

I have tried Zaino and Rejex some other applications to test if the dust sticks. One thing I have noticed is that on good products, the dust will blow off easily. Never wipe it off, wash or blow it off.

Good luck on finding a product you makes you and your car happy.

#8 ·
That's a great idea! Had some idiot in a Lexus Vert on my @ss tonight coming home from work wish I had a something. Thought he was cool keeping with me. As usual couldn't go anywhere, car in front and passing was impossible.:banghead:

#10 ·
Chemical Guys has a couple of QD sprays that have anti-static properties...Extreme Slick Synthetic..and Speed Wipe Spray...I use them both and have found that they work...keeps dust from clinging on my cars butt..it still does but not as much as if I dont use the Chemical Guys QD...I use them after every wash...

#14 ·
Can you blame the dust for choosing a Vette?

Most dust attraction is caused by the static charge of wiping a microfiber towel over the paint. A lot of this time this can be reduced by not using a dryer when we dry our clothes after washing them.

Using a high gloss spray sealant on top a very slick sealant reduce the friction (and static charge) created by wiping a towel across the paint. 5 out of Autoweek's top 8 detailers prefer Blackfire Wet Diamond All Paint Protection for this reason.

You can purchase Blackfire Wet Diamond from our store Proper Auto Care and receive a forum discount of 10%!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.