SmokinVette.com Forums

SmokinVette.com Forums (http://www.smokinvette.com/corvetteforum/index.php)
-   C3 Scan & Tune (http://www.smokinvette.com/corvetteforum/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Rear Speakers (http://www.smokinvette.com/corvetteforum/showthread.php?t=38421)

USNChief 03-23-2010 02:11 PM

Rear Speakers
 
I'm looking to change the speakers I currently have. They are these big monster things made by MTX. They take up to much space and really are not designed for this type of vehicle. Oh, these were in the car when I bought it. I'm thinking of using 6 1/2 speakers in the back and maybe a sub woofer. What do you have and what kind of set up. If you have pics, that would be great!

USNChief 03-26-2010 12:18 PM

A friend sent me this link. I may go with this idea. http://members.***.net/~mfouchi/vett...s/boxplans.htm

buster 03-27-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USNChief (Post 424153)
I'm looking to change the speakers I currently have. They are these big monster things made by MTX. They take up to much space and really are not designed for this type of vehicle. Oh, these were in the car when I bought it. I'm thinking of using 6 1/2 speakers in the back and maybe a sub woofer. What do you have and what kind of set up. If you have pics, that would be great!

Chief, here is what I had put on another thread:

Not sure what the space difference is between the 78-82 series and my '73 but sounds/looks similar. I bought and installed a Sound Ordinance B-8pt powered subwoofer. It sits on the deck behind the seats and can fit under or over the t tops when they are stored. It is free standing but is heavy enough and comes with velcro type strips to keep in place on the carpet. The sound is awesome, more than enough bass for the small interior space of a Vette (when added to non amp mid and high range speakers). The above setup looks nice but the installation and cost is MUCH easier the way I went. Crutchfield includes the wiring kit and free shipping with the subwoofer purchase price of $199.00.

I will get some pic's ASAP but won't be until at least Monday. I saw your later post but couldn't open it?! Anyway, it may be the same box I've seen lately that installs over the battery and requires replacing your storage compartments?

USNChief 03-28-2010 11:19 AM

Thanks! I look forward to the pics! :D

y2kfrc 03-28-2010 04:25 PM

Hey Chief,

My rear "speakers" are made by Flowmaster! lol

2_Late_I_Won 04-05-2010 09:09 AM

I have 2 pioneer 6x9 stuffed in the original hole. It was a very tight fit. I will be makeing a speaker box with maybe 1 10" sub and a couple mids
something like this

http://www.impulsecaraudio.com/i//alpinets_208.jpg


http://www.impulsecaraudio.com/i//alpinets_150.jpg

Actually I have a really cool desighn in my head that I will share after I build it. I think it will be really cool

buster 04-05-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2_Late_I_Won (Post 431757)
I have 2 pioneer 6x9 stuffed in the original hole. It was a very tight fit. I will be makeing a speaker box with maybe 1 10" sub and a couple mids
something like this

http://www.impulsecaraudio.com/i//alpinets_208.jpg


http://www.impulsecaraudio.com/i//alpinets_150.jpg

Actually I have a really cool desighn in my head that I will share after I build it. I think it will be really cool

those are nice looking units, what are they made out of and do you make them yourself? Do the T tops still fit?

2_Late_I_Won 04-06-2010 08:53 PM

No I am going to make mine though that look similar to these. Here is the web sight I found them on.
http://www.impulsecaraudio.com/vehic...nclosures.html



Armor Coated With High Pressure Polyurethane Bed Liner Material
Increases The Bass, stiffens the wood and no air leak
Fits 1967-1980 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Fits in the back wall
One 8'' or 10'' or 12'' Speakers or 2-8'' or 2-10'' or 1-12'' 2-6''x9''
Material 5/8'' M.D.F
Air Volume .66 Cubic feet per side
Mounting Depth 4.76''
For 10'' or 12'' shallow mount woofers recommended
Please when ordering sizes write on comment section what size you like

I also think it os really cool that they use the bed liner to increase bass, stiffens the whole structure of the box and no air leaks

They want $215 for either one of them. Interesting you ask about the T-tops I wonder the same thing. I might call and ask or e-mail one day.

buster 04-07-2010 09:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by USNChief (Post 427070)
Thanks! I look forward to the pics! :D

Sorry it took so long but here is a pic of the speaker setup. The subwoofer is in the middle flanked by the t top covers.

USNChief 04-07-2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buster (Post 433306)
Sorry it took so long but here is a pic of the speaker setup. The subwoofer is in the middle flanked by the t top covers.

Looks good buster! I made some corner boxes for mine. I went with JBL 6 1/2 in the corners. They sound good but I think I may need the sub woofer. I, at least, achieved my goal. I have more space in the rear. I'll post some pic's when I can.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.