Chevy Corvette Forum banner

wipers won`t shut off

14K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  peterleroy4 
#1 ·
I am trying to pin down the reason my wipers keep going even after you shut them off. it doesn`t matter what position you put the switch in, they keep going until they are ready to shut off. Is it the switch, or the wiper motor. Is there a fix or is this a part swap? Thanks

#3 ·
Its probably the switch in the door that is wonky.
More than likely the limit switch and contacts in the wiper motor itself.
When you close the door switch, the wiper still has power until the arms come to their rest position and the contacts are supposed to open
Contacts are under the plastic cover on top of the motor.

#14 ·
Hey CFI-EFI, were you banned? Where have you been?
Aww have you missed me? Has your stalking been stymied? Not all of us have nothing else to do. Some on here, most in fact, enjoy working in their cars, and do.

Did you check out the new pictures of the renegade? Nice lookin intake huh? Are you thinking on getting one now? See ya later bro:seeya:
Not if I see you first.

RACE ON!!!

#16 ·
To answer your question dude, from my expierience, you have to clean the contacts on the relay or replace the relay. It is located inside the wiper motor, there are i think 3 Torx nuts you have to take out, the one near the intake is a real pain but it can be done. Remove the plastic cover, (you will need latex caulk to re-seal it when finished) remove the circuit board, and clean the contacts. I do not think it is the switch because I replaced mine when my wipers wouldnt shut off and it did not fix the problem. However mine turned of when you turned the car off, I dont know if yours are stuck on all the time or only when you turn them on. Even if they are I still stick with my first guess. Either way it wont hurt to take that thing apart and clean it. Good luck.

#23 ·
Same issue. My wipers will not turn off with the switch until you turn the ignition off. After turning the car on again with the switch off, the wipers will park...So since I read this thread, I will go with board and wiper motor disassemble cleaning contacts first, then replace the switch next. Thanks for the relevant replies folks.

#18 · (Edited)
The 20 or so time I have seen the problem on a C4 it was the wiper motor and never a switch.
David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.