Chevy Corvette Forum banner

Keyless ignition will not turn over

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  dbradley 
#1 ·
I am wondering if buying this car was a mistake. I bought a 2005 Corvette when they came out and loved it...until the warranty ran out. That's when EVERYTHING began going wrong.

The latest issue is with the 'push-button' start. When pushed, it sounds like any other car trying to turn over...only it doesn't. Does anyone know what the hell is going on and how much this will cost me at the dealer?

#2 ·
I am wondering if buying this car was a mistake. I bought a 2005 Corvette when they came out and loved it...until the warranty ran out. That's when EVERYTHING began going wrong.
As a counterpoint, my 2005 has been out of warranty for 2 years. The only thing that has gone wrong during that time is a broken half shaft.

The latest issue is with the 'push-button' start. When pushed, it sounds like any other car trying to turn over...only it doesn't. Does anyone know what the hell is going on and how much this will cost me at the dealer?
The diagnostic procedure is the same as it is on cars that start with an old-fashioned key. If the engine doesn't turn over, then the first thing to check is the battery. :thumbsup:

#3 ·
If it's turning over but not starting, then check for fuel pressure at the fuel rail and spark at the plugs.
Another way to check for fuel is to look at your plugs if they are wet then you are getting fuel. If they are dry then you have no fuel pressure, :cheers:

#4 ·

Sounds like a dead battery to me? Are you on the original battery? Most of them last 2-3 years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.