Chevy Corvette Forum banner

Horn Doesn't Work

6K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Raydawg357 
#1 ·
I just joined Smokinvette, so bear with me. I own a 1998 Vert, my horn doesn't work. I checked under the hood and the fuse was OK, however the relay was missing. I bought a relay and after I put it in place about 2 minutes later the horn went off and would not stop until I pulled it out. I was thinking that the horn switch is stuck, does this make sense? Also is it a hard job to fix the switch? :cheers:

#4 ·
I tried to tighten the torx but I don't have the right size. I put the relay back in place and the horn went off, however when I turned the steering wheel the horn stopped. It would only stop going off in one position. Now I'm totally lost. Thanks for the info.

#7 ·
could very well be the horn switch stuck, you can try hitting the switch, just be careful. If it interupts the sould you know where your problem is. Hardest part is removing the air bag. Might want to have a dealer do it, you need a special tool (large tweezers, with an angle at the ends) to remove the bag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.