Well I made a stupid deal with my wife before I got the vette. I told her I wouldn't spend any money on the Corvette until I finished paying off her car($10,000.00 left) that a good 2 years. The only way I have "bought" any parts for this is through gift cards. Looking back this was a stupid deal and sense I told my wife one thing I have to stand by what I said.
I have only had the Vette for a couple months. I plan on buying or at least cleaning up the break calipers and painting them with my birthday money gift cards (which is 2/22 ) I love to look at the brake calipers through the wheels. Plus it's better because it helps keep the brakes cooler, which reduces brake fade.
FYI I know it's not a real good pic my wheels but there are no holes in it at all.
What a great way to
1) Give me a b-day present ;-) LOL
2) Me keep my word to my wife
3) Keep me motivate and restoring. With out thinking about the big gap between My bday and Christmas. LOL
4) Bring some cool new style to an old classic
5) I could sell my old rims and use that money to buy other stuff for the vette!!! (if it's ok with the wife)
I would also be happy to put an advertizment sticker on my window as I plan to do a lot of cruises and car shows.
Thanks for the consideration!!!
Need your help with getting this. I think we have all made stupid deals in the past with our wife/girlfriend....what ever. Help bail me out LOL and keep the wave!!!
p.s. This was pics the day I picked it up from the guy. This is my first and only vette. I don't want y'all thinking I have 3 vettes. ( which would be really cool)