Smokin 5000HP+ Posting Maniac
Join Date: Feb 2009
Replacing A C3 Power Brake Booster
Believe it or not it only takes about 10 minutes to remove a C3 power brake booster once the master cylinder and lower A/C duct is removed. To do the job you need:
1. A good LED light so you can see the 4 nuts that secure the power brake booster.
2. A 3/8" drive ratchet wrench.
3. A 20" long 3/8" drive extension.
4. A 3/8" drive 9/16" deep socket.
5. A 3/8" u-joint with electrical tape wrapped around it about 4-5 times.
With the LED light positioned pointing up at the nuts, feed the 20" long extension with the tape-wrapped u-joint and deep socket attached thru the maze of wires and hoses until the socket reaches the nut. Push on the extension to bend the tape-wrapped u-joint until the socket is on the nut THEN attach the ratchet wrench to the extension. While keeping upward pressure on the extension unscrew the nut and repeat the process with the other 3 nuts. I just R&R'd my power brake booster yesterday morning and the whole job only took 30 minutes.